Garlic Oregano Pizza Dough
This pizza dough is super flavourful and really easy to make. It also costs much less than buying pre-made dough from the shops. This makes enough dough for 2 medium pizzas or 1 extra large. It can also be use to make things like garlic knots and breadsticks. Enjoy!
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 cup warm water (110 F)
- 2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- cornmeal or flour for dusting and rolling
- In a bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and salt. Add warm water and mix together. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until bubbles form. Now it's ready to use.
- Add flour to a large bowl. Stir in oregano and garlic powder.
- Stir yeast mixture into flour mixture.
- Stir in oil.
- Using dough hooks or your hands, knead until dough comes together as a big ball. If it's too sticky, sprinkle in some flour. If it's too dry, add droplets of water, little by little.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil on the inside of a large bowl or pot. Place dough inside, cover, and let rest in a warm area for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Dough will have expanded quite a bit. Place on a clean work surface sprinkled with cornmeal or flour. Roll out for your pizzas, breadsticks, or knots.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.