Handmade Valentine's Day Cards
Make Valentine's Day card giving even more fun by working with your children to make their own cards for their friends and teacher. These cuties were made using recycled cardboard from cereal boxes. Let us show you how.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You can create these lovely handmade Valentine's Day cards out of cereal boxes. My daughter made these for her classmates as well as for us and her brother.
Total Time: 20 minutes + time for your child to decorate
- 2 cereal boxes
- paper trimmer - Optional
- glue stick
- tempura paint sticks
- Cut along side of cereal box to create a flat surface.
- Salvage two large rectangle pieces. Then, using your finger nail peel off the cereal box packaging layer so you are left with plain kraft cardboard.
- Cut out squares in your choice of size. I made 12 squares.
- With the other cereal box, I cut out assorted heart shapes and heart outlines.
- Glue down heart pieces to the cards.
- You are ready for your child to decorate their cards to gift to their friends. You can use any supplies you'd like for decorating that you have on hand. You could use crayons, paint, embellishments, etc. (My daughter used tempera paint, markers, color pencils, and stickers.)
- We had some extra and she pointed these out for us and her brother. Final touches, using a Sharpie, write: To and Fr.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.