How to Make a Paper Plate Flower
The paper plate is a ubiquitous craft supply for kids' crafting. Trim the plate to create petals and then let them have at it with crayons, paints, or markers to make a paper plate flower.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These flowers couldn't be easier to make and will appeal to crafters of all ages. Do it skilfully and you can have some cool wall art for an adult room. Bold colours will suit a teenage bedroom or let young kids loose with paints, crayons, glitter, and stickers and you have a fabulous rainy day project.
- paper plate or shallow paper bowl
- paints, crayons, or coloured markers
- Make a small mark at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock on your paper plate.
- Make 4 more marks midway between each to make a total of 8 marks.
- Use scissors to cut from each mark to the centre ridge.
- Turn the plate over and press down to turn it inside out.
- Use scissors to round off the corners of each petal.
- Colour your flower. You can use paints, crayons, markers, or decoupage. Young children might want to add glitter and stickers.
- You can attach your flower to a wall using sticky tack, or punch a hole into a petal and hang by a cord.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.