Making a Rag Knots Chewing Toy
If your dog loves to chew and play tug-o-war, a rag knots chew toy is perfect for them. This is a page about making a rag knots chewing toy
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I started making these for the local humane society to sell at fundraisers as well as at the local vet clinics. The vets found this to be a perfect toy. It is stitched, so it is safe. My own dog steals them from the sewing machine.
Approximate Time: At first I would suggest 30 to 45 minutes, I made a lot at one time.
- 3 adult large washed T-shirts
- sewing machine
- Take 1 large adult t-shirt, the more colors the better, but no grease or paint stains. Cut off at the armpits, use the bottom of the shirt. Without cutting the seams, cut 9 strips across.
- Snip the seam now. If you do a couple of these at the same time, you can mix and match the colors.
- Take 3 strips of choice by color, pin at the top so that you have 3 sets of these, run a double stitch across the end.
- Tie a tight knot at the top, then start braiding it to the end.
- Double stitch the end on all sets.
- Take the 3 braided sets and find center of all, stitch them, then start to braid together.
- Knot the ends again, and then knot in the center. It is bulky, but this is what the dog wants. With the human scent all over it, the dog will find it is favorite family toy.
I sell these for $4.00
By Joyce from Benson, MN
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.