Pulled Pork Swineapple
Get ready for a delicious stuffed pineapple dish. Stuff a hollowed out pineapple with tender pulled pork, then wrap with bacon, and bake for a scrumptious summer meal. The recipe follows.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
June 13, 2019
What do you get when you cross pulled pork, pineapple, and bacon? Swineapple! This is a fun stuffed pineapple recipe for these hotter months that will make your friends and family squeal. Give it a try!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 5-6 servings
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large pineapple
- 10 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix together the sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, black pepper, mustard powder, and garlic powder. Rub mixture all over the pork. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from oven and wrap with foil. Turn oven temperature down to 275 F and cook for 2 more hours until soft and tender.
- Shred the pork using two forks.
- Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and mix in. Set aside.
- Turn oven heat to 350 F. Cut off the top of the pineapple and set aside.
- To hollow out the pineapple, cut out a circle in the middle, making sure to keep the bottom intact.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the middle. Reserve it for another use. (I made sorbet!)
- Carefully slice off the outer skin of the pineapple.
- Spoon some of the pulled pork into the pineapple.
- Sprinkle in some shredded cheese. Repeat these layers until you get to the top.
- Starting from the bottom, wrap pieces of bacon around the pineapple, securing with toothpicks. Put the pineapple top back on and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, baste with 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, and return to oven for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the pineapple lid and place pineapple on its side.
- Slice into rings and serve immediately. Goes nicely with potato crisps.
June 15, 20190 found this helpful
This looks absolutely mental! I cant wait to attempt it on a day when Im feeling extra gluttonous!
July 23, 20190 found this helpful
I hope you do. It was so fun and the leftovers were actually really good! :)