This brooch is an interesting cross between a butterfly and a flower and rather reminds me of a quote I saw on someone's scrap book creation recently which says "A butterfly is a flying flower and a flower a tethered butterfly". It is simple, pretty, and easy to make.
- 30 in (75cm) 1/2 inch wide (1.5cm wide) ribbon
- strong all purpose glue or a glue gun
- embellishments of your choice
- 1 brooch pin
- 1 small square of felt
- Fold the ribbon in half.
- Turn each side flat as in the photo.
- Apply a little glue to the curve.
- Turn the top down and stick it down in place making 2 loops.
- Turn it over and apply glue to the back.
- Turn it back the right way. Fold the right side to the back.
- Stick it in place and trim with scissors.
- Repeat on the left hand side.
- Choose your embellishments and stick them firmly in place.
- Glue or sew the brooch pin in place on the back and finish with a small square of felt.
- Let the glue dry thoroughly before wearing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.