Recipes Using Frozen Bananas
Kids love to make and eat frozen bananas. This page contains recipes using frozen bananas
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love banana ice cream but it's kinda expensive. I shouldn't eat cartons and cartons of ice cream! This is a simple and much healthier version of my favorite ice cream.
Total Time: About 5 minutes
- frozen pieces of bananas
- splash of milk or dairy alternative (if needed)
- chocolate chunks or chips
- Freeze your bananas. I just break them into small chunks and put them in a zipper bag. You could also freeze them on a sheet, to prevent the bananas from sticking together.
- Put your bananas in the food processor. There are probably other contraptions you could use to do this. I just use my food processor.
- Mix up the bananas. If the mix is too dry, you could add a splash of milk or other dairy alternative. The mix will get really creamy like ice cream. When it hits that stage, it's done.
- It tastes great just like this, but I add some chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Just fold nuts and chocolate in.
- Eat immediately or freeze a little while for a thicker consistency.
Kids love to make their own snacks! Poke the handle end of plastic spoons into bananas and freeze them for about half a day.
By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO
Frozen fruit that is blended makes an excellent ice cream. If you like, you can add a dollop of pure maple syrup on top. The ice cream tastes just as good without it.