Removing Stains on a Couch

My neighbor gave me a sofa he no longer needed and I found it has a stain on the seat. It looks like it might be vomit. How do I remove the stain?

By Rachelle from Denver, CO

You can try spray on combination carpet and upholstery cleaner. Woolite has a brand called Heavy Traffic Carpet and Upholstery that might do the trick :-) Call around to different stores like Walmart, Target, etc. to see if they carry it and if I remember right Ace Hardware stores carry it.

I have a rusty looking stain on my couch. I've tried lots of different things to get it out. I'm afraid I've ruined the fabric. Does anyone have any neat ideas how to conceal the area? I can't afford to reupholster it or buy a new one. - Clara

Answers:

Stain on Couch

Suggestions: throw rug, afghan, quilt. If you don't have any of these try your local thrift store. Goodwill often has afghans. Look at fabric stores for sales and purchase an attractive window covering and make a throw which fits into your decor. (03/31/2001)

By infowiz

Stain on Couch

Depending on the size of the stain, you may be able to find a piece of fabric that coordinates with your couch. You didn't mention where it was (on an arm, a cushion) so that makes it harder to suggest a fix. Sometimes if you turn your couch over you can find extra fabric (you may have to take off the cheesecloth on the bottom.) which you could use to patch the place. Slip covers are also available. - Anna (04/09/2001)

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJanuary 12, 2011
🍀
💘