Craft: Sling For Carrying Fire Wood

Our wood stove is down a flight of stairs to our living room area. We were always sweeping the steps after carrying wood in, because of bark, leaf, and twigs dropping. So, I decided to sew a "sling" for my husband to carry the wood in. I just used old farmer jeans, cut the good parts of the legs out, made it double thick (about 2 feet wide, by 4 feet long), sewed a jean strap continuously across it to make the handles, and it works great! My husband had me make two already.

By Brenda Harder from El Dorado, KS

I made one of these from fabric samples, they work great, next one will be with jeans material, Thanks!

Crafts SewingDecember 15, 2010
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-10 15:09:38 in 898 msecs. ⛅️️