Delilah and Scarlett (German Shepherds)

Scarlet is three and a half year old sable coloured, long haired German Shepherd, and Delilah is an eleven years old black and tan, long haired German Shepherd. We bought Delilah in 2000 from a breeder who also breeds German Shepherds who are trained by the Victorian Police Department as tracking dogs. I bought Scarlet from another breeder when she was just eight weeks old, in 2008.

As we live in a rural area, they love to chase the rabbits until they disappear down their rabbit holes at the lake near our house. Scarlet loves to drive poor Delilah mad chasing her around and around the apricot and plum trees in the back yard until they both drop from exhaustion in the middle of the lounge room floor and have a sleep! It happens every night, right after they have their dinners!

They have such wonderful personalities and I often say that then not only read my mind, they control it! I never leave home without both of my dogs and if I can't take them wherever I'm going, I don't go. They adore my grandchildren and are very, very gentle and patient with them. They are also very protective of them.

Both Scarlet and Delilah are well known around my town, as it is only a small town of a little over 1,500 people. They take a lot of maintenance and grooming, but the love they return is worth every cent and every second spent on them.

By Lynn D.

What a beautiful set of Shepherds. My family had one when I was a child. He was our protector and never let anyone, including our dad, (lol) get close to us kids. They are wonderful dogs.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Very Beautiful German Shepherds. Our oldest daughter used to raise them, and they are just
very loving and great all-around family members.

I miss having Shepherds around now. They are so smart, and wonderful with small children.

Thank you for sharing your girls with us.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

They are beautiful dogs. You are so lucky to have Delilah for so many years. What a great story!

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

Absolutely beautiful girls and so wonderful that they are such loved family members! I love the name Scarlet because it always makes me think of my favorite character, Scarlett O'Hara. Of course I like the name Delilah because that's my given name and I can't help but like your name too because it's my middle name - LOL ;-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

your dogs are beautiful and obviously well cared for and loved. Thank you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Have bred/shown German Shepherds all my life and these two beautiful girls are an absolute credit to you

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Love German Shepherds and these two are beautiful. I worked w/a small group years ago to create the Mid-Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue. They are a wonderful breed/dog and never could understand why people did not keep them, but it is what it is and our Rescue has helped save and rehome a many German Shepherd. Thanks for sharing your pictures, etc.
Gail and Gaing...

Reply Like this photo? Yes

German Shepherds are indeed "The Best Of The Best" Your girls are beautiful. Just had to show one of my Canine family

pet name Tyson.

Reply Like this photo? Yes