Recycled Planters For Mother's Day

As a preschool Sunday School teacher, I had the children plant flowers to be good size by Mother's Day. To decorate our plastic margarine/butter/sour cream containers, I wanted to make them look like the floral shop plants. I took pre-cut foil sheets, set the container in the middle, and gathered the foil up around the container. I also made floral ribbons for each little pot and kids stuck them in.

To go back a few steps, I took the containers and used my soldering iron to make about 10 holes in the bottom of each container for draining, set them on a tray in the windows in my Sunday School class to have the best growing factor four days before I wrapped the pots for their gift home, I did not water them since I wanted to avoid any mishaps.

I taught 4 year-olds for 16 years, took a break when my youngest graduated HS and then came back on board 7 years later when my youngest granddaughter's 3 yr old class needed a semester teacher. Brought back many hands on teaching lessons of God's world.

By Grandma J from Benson MN

Holidays and Parties Mothers Day GiftsJuly 6, 2010
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-10 15:41:16 in 645 msecs. ⛅️️