FlowersGardening

Garden: Passionflower

This plant grows wild in my yard. I have at least four, that just pop up in the spring! The flower looks purple in the photo but is a very bright, beautiful blue (periwinkle) color in person. I had to look online to find out what it was, and then discovered that it will also bear fruit...passionfruit! I hope we can get it to bear fruit this year.

By Boymomx5 from Mills River, NC

We called them May Pops when I was growing up, and they grew wild. We did eat the seed things as well. Have not seen them in years, and might be
leary of eating them now that I am older and wiser. Oh, they were good as throwing weapons at each other too.

Reply Like this photo? Yes