ClothingCleaning

Work Clothes Feel Waxy

My husband's work clothes have a waxy feel to them, and I can never seem to get them clean. Does anyone know of a special soap or anything I can use to remove the waxiness? Thanks a lot!

Lisa from Kouts, IN

Waxy? Could it be a build-up of fabric softener or maybe detergent? I would use a good dose of vinegar in the rinse and maybe do an extra rinse with vinegar and leave out the fabric softener if you're using it. Sounds like my mother-in-laws towels...

Glenn's Mom may be right, or depending what kind of work he does in his clothes it may be like that on purpose. Does he wear a uniform? My ex was an auto mechanic, and his uniforms felt stiff and waxy from the time he got them. The pants were so stiff he had to wash them before he could wear them. His uniforms were washed in a regular wash with Lestoil cleaner added, and dried with a dryer sheet. I think the clothes feel that way to help them come clean easier, similar to how Teflon makes a pan easier to clean.

A person could use homemade soap. Take a bar and grate it up.

Do not even need bleach. Or make it your self. Beef tallow and lye. That is all you need for laundry soap.

By MaryBelle (Guest Post)

Try a can of regular COKE and vinegar in the rinse.