Shampoo for Itchy Scalp

I have natural grey/silver hair. I am having trouble with itchy scalp. Is there a shampoo out there that will help, without turning my hair yellow?

By Charlotte

Best Answer

I had the same problem and my son told me about Head & Shoulders Shampoo Intensive Care. It is more expensive, but it truly helped my itchy scalp. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Nizoral is a good shampoo for this sort of thing. It is not cheap (about $14 a bottle) but goes a long way. My man friend has eczema in his hair and he said it helps the itching and flaking significantly. I just have thin hair and was just trying to be as kind to it as possible. It is available at drug stores, speciality hair stores. You won't find it at Target or Walmart, places like that.

Best Answer

Head & Shoulders has a multitude of different kinds of shampoo for all sorts of dandruff and scalp conditions. Read the labels and select one that seems to fit your condition. There are also several kinds of good shampoos for more severe conditions, and others have mentioned these.

You should go to a drug store to look for these, and in our local store, the druggist would help you select a product if you needed assistance. Discount stores and WalMart do not have knowledgeable staff; they can't pay enough and keep prices low. You get what you pay for.

Sorry that I don't know of a shampoo, but I do know that certain medicines can cause your scalp to itch. Somehow knowing this makes it better. :)

Selsun blue is a good one. It works. After the itching stops you can use it just once a week.

My hair dresser told me to use gentle shampoos such as herbal essence. Harsher shampoos--usually the cheaper ones--will cause your scalp to react with an itchy scalp and what looks like dandruff.

Once I switched shampoos I have not had the problem. Good luck.

I have itchy scalp and salt and pepper hair color. I found Head and Shoulders Itchy Scalp with Eucaliptus to be very effective.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ProductsJuly 13, 2011
💘
🍀