Patriotic Summer Centerpiece

I needed a cute centerpiece for my dining room table to last me through the summer. I was looking for something with the red, white, and blue theme so I could leave it out from May to September! I went to the dollar store and bought this cute pot, two bouquets of flowers, some foam, the place,mat and the two candles. For $6, I have a cute centerpiece to use for years to come!

By Kathy from Saint Charles, MO

Very nice!! You gotta love those dollar stores!

I love it !! I'm going to do this this weekend and then this fall I can switch out the flowers with fall color and then on to the holidays. thank you so very much for showing me your beautiful craft

Great idea and nice quick project. I really like the
Patriotic theme. I hope you don't mind I will use your
idea to decorate a Veterans of Foreign War hall table or numerous tables. Creative idea!
I am in Missouri also!

Anonymous

WHAT A CUTE CENTERPIECE. I DECORATE MY TABLE ON JULY 1ST AND I DON'T CHANGE IT UNTIL AUGUST 1ST; WE HAVE TWO BIRTHDAYS IN THE FAMILY IN JULY SO I KEEP THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE THEME THE ENTIRE MONTH.

I began with a base of a white lace tablecloth, the overlay was a red-checked tablecloth; in the center are two USA flag rug mats placed end to end; on top is a blue round platter with a lace placemat placed in the center. A lighthouse teapot is in the center of the platter with the teapot top ajar with artificial cherries coming from one side of the teapot.

In front of the teapot are two vintage Snoopy glasses with the slogan, "Vote for the American Beagle"; inside the glasses are candle folded blue/white napkins with a patriotic and watermelon candle in the glasses. There are two taper candleholders which are light ivory trimmed in gold with red candles. An oval blue shallow bowl holds the salt and pepper shaker, toothpick holder, 3 small strawberry candles emulate the fruit displayed in the bowl. Patriotic place mats complete the table.

Red white and blue table decorations

Comment Like this photo? Yes

That's a beautiful patriotic display - thanks for sharing it with us! God bless you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes