AdviceCleaning

Hiring a Housekeeper

Don't you wish you had a housekeeper? It's not financially impossible. I used to be in the business before I retired. My most frugal client hired me to come in once a week to simply vacuum the carpets and clean the bathrooms, that's it. It made her life so much easier because those are the two chores that take the most time, but it only took me two hours. This was great for both of us, because it only cost her $20 for two hours, and I still had time to do an extra job that day.

By Ardis Ilene Barnes

I agree with you. My most frugal client gets me once every 2 weeks and all I do is vacuum and dust her 2 story home. She just leaves the house and goes visiting friends that morning and leaves the $20 on the table for me as a thankyou. It makes life so much easier for her, she doesn't have to haul the vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs, etc., etc.

I agree with you so much. I have had a cleaning person once every two weeks for years. Just lately my 20 year old grandson did my floors and baths. We also started cleaning the shelves in my pantry. But now his job requires his presence 6 days a week.

What a loss for me. I have arthritis and can't do some of these things for myself. Looking for a new cleaning lady now.

By Elizabeth (Guest Post)

How do I find people who need a housekeeper once or twice a week, or even more? I am 22, and would love to find people who would pay me to clean their homes, but I don't know how to start out.

By SUE RAMSEY (Guest Post)

CLEAN FLOORS, WASH WHATNOTS DUST, DO WASHING CLOTHES,DISHES.CLEAN AND VACCUM CAR