FramingCrafts

Decorated Frame and Camera Gift for Kids

This is a great craft/gift idea for kids throughout the year I purchase cheap picture frames from the dollar store or garage sale, thrift stores, etc. I also purchase reduced sewing notions (beads, fake pearls, those jiggly-googly eyes, pretty stones, etc.). I hot-glue the notions on the frame to completely decorate them.

Then I pair the frame with one of those inexpensive, one time use cameras. Now your gift recipient is given a camera to use themselves, and then a frame to put their favorite photo in.

This was a big hit with my nieces and nephew when they were in grade school. They were never trusted with a camera, and were delighted to have a full 21 pictures to take as they pleased. I paid to develop the photos and have one enlarged to fit the frame.

This is also a great gift for a child to give another, as they can decorate the frame, and give a unique (and cheap) gift to be proud of. This is also a good gift to have on hand for those last minute, unexpected gifts. Have some extras on hand just in case.

I glued one long continuous strand of pearls around one, fake gems of all colors around another, googly eyes around another, feathers, glitter. The ideas are endless!

By amy from Rochester, NY

I love this idea. It is a great gift and encourages the child to use their imagination, which is ususual these days. The frames could be decorated for any given holiday such as Christmas, Easter etc. I collect 4 leaf clovers and dry them flat in books. I am going to glue them all over an off white flat frame as a gift for another 4 leaf clover collector. Thanks for a neat idea!