Making Inexpensive Throw Pillows

To make inexpensive throw pillows for a couch or bed, buy cloth dinner napkins and sew 2 of them right sides together leaving an opening, flip inside out and stuff as you would a pillow, then slip stitch shut. I can find beautiful napkins to use at yard sales, thrift stores, etc. This is also quick work because no cutting is needed.

By Melanie

I have been searching for a really cheap way to make a work task for adults with disabilities I work with. I want to make really cheap throw pillows and as an excersise then can practice stuffing them and then buttoning them shut. This might be the answer

I buy placemats that are reversible (such as the velvet ones) and take the stitching out on one side (about 2 inches), Then stuff with stuffing , whip stitch the pillow closed. I also buy the lined vests from goodwill and stuff the back portion only. Makes a really cute pillow. I have one on my wood rocking chair. I put the stuff side on the front side of the chair and slip the front of the vest to the back and using the buttons as attachment to the chair.