Christmas Cactus Blooming Late

My Christmas cactus bloomed a little at Christmas, a couple branches is all. Here it is the beginning of March and many of the branches are coming out with buds. Why? I have had a steady stream of blooms since Christmas, but only 4-5 blooms at a time.

By Yvonne

I can only suggest to make sure the plant is getting an even amount of sunlight all over by turning it, & fertilize occasionally. Try not to move the plant when it is setting buds though. This commonly causes the buds to drop and/or fall off.

They need to have dark, cool treatment for 6-8 weeks before. Maybe you started giving this treatment late.

I also had one that refused to bloom for several years inside.I finally got disgusted with it and put it outside this last spring and told it to live or die! Within 3 weeks it was in full blooms and bloomed for a few weeks.I brought it back inside when the temps started dropping.it had a few blooms this Christmas but not even half as many after I had thrown it out!