PaintingHome Improvement

Drying Time for Kilz Primer Before Sanding

How long should Kilz dry before sanding?

By Diane from Franklin, TN

I'm not sure why you're sanding after priming? You should really do any wall repair and get it where you want it and then prime. Otherwise, the primer tends to lock in the stuff you want to sand.

I assume you are talking about sanding between coats of paint. What are you painting?
If it's walls, you don't need to sand between coats. I let my primer dry from 2 hours to overnight. I think the can says 1 hour. If it's craft projects, then you still don't need to sand heavily. You just lightly go over the item with light sandpaper then dust it with a clean microfiber cloth. Your craft paint will adhere just fine.
Having said that I should tell you that I never sand between coats of primer on craft projects, only between coats of paint.