Finding The Best Prescription Drug Prices

Any time my husband or I are started on a new prescription that will have to be repeated over and over I take a few minutes to call via the phone to check prices. I call 6 different places and ask to speak to the pharmacist. Then I give him the name of the medication, the dosage and the amount that I am supposed to have it filled for. On a piece of paper I list each of the 6 pharmacies and next to them I write in the price that was quoted to me. You would be surprised.

My husband was recently put on a blood pressure medication and the price varied from 83 cents per pill to 14 cents per pill. Also if you know that you are going to be on a medication for a certain length of time it may be more economical to purchase in a larger quantity. Just make sure prior to purchasing it you address the issue of the shelf life (which usually is good for months after purchasing). We filled his medication today for $27. for 200 pills. Another pharmacy wanted $165 for the same amount. What a ripoff.

By Joesgirl

🎂
🌻
📓