OtherPets

Weasie the Weasel (Ferret)

Weasie the Weasel is 1 year old or so. She is a ferret. This lovely woman found a person who could not keep her and put it on freecycle.org. I found it and took her. Weasie was a really bad biter at first, but came around pretty fast when I put it up in her three story cage each time she bit. We are still working on not biting toes, LOL

I have never seen a ferret come around so fast from biting hard to biting soft and licking. It is amazing what love can do!

She sleeps next to Where's the Weasel. They love each other. It took a little while. I left her in our room for the first few days as she had been over confined, and then after she settled down I introduced them. They didn't like each other at first, but later after playing for a week in the bedroom, they got used to each other.

One day when Where's the Weasel was asleep in her cage, I added Weasie and watched. They looked at each other and have been fast friends ever since. You can not tell where one starts and the other ends when they are lying in the hammock together.

They are great pets but not for everyone. If you can't keep your ferret, please consider a rescue!

By Robyn Fed

What a sweet girl! She is lucky to have found you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Looks just like my Casper that I lost 2 years ago. 1st time of having a ferret and I loved him so much with his red eye's. Casper loved to chase my inside cat's all around the house and then when they got tired would curl up and sleep together. I still have all of Casper's stuff and my cat's play with them. I go out to his grave and chat with him. He is so missed.

Reply Like this photo? Yes