Recipes Using Jennie-O Frozen Turkey Patties

I bought some Jennie-O frozen turkey patties but unfortunately we don't care for the taste of using them as burgers. Is there anything else I could make with them, by grinding them up in casseroles or something of the sort? Thanks!

Tracy from Shellsburg, IA

I made up this super easy turkey chili- cook the turkey, then add a can of Petite diced tomatoes and jalapenos (with the juice), a can each of black beans and dark red kidney beans (washed and drained), and a packet of chili seasoning. If you want to get fancy, you can add a diced onion and some fresh jalapenos and monterey jack cheese. The cheese is what really holds it all together- I'm a big fan of cheese! This works really well with chips. I started using ground turkey since it's a bit healthier than hamburger, and with all the seasoning, I can't tell a difference. Hope you like it!

You could break them up and mix them with hamburger to make meatloaf. I bought some veggie burgers once that my family didn't like and I used them in place of the chicken in chicken parmesan. I cooked them in the oven until brown, then covered with spagetti sauce, and put mozzerella on top. Baked until hot and the cheese was melted.

I have never used Jennie-O Frozen Turkey Patties but I have once purchased Jennie-O-Frozen Boneless Turkey Breast. It was absolutely disgusting & had a real vile taste. Never again will I buy anything put out by Jennie-O.

I buy them especially to make "Swiss Steak" and my husband (who usually hates turkey patties) thinks he's getting an artery closing treat, LOL!

I "fry" them in a pan sprayed with PAM. When they are almost done I add chopped onions and peppers (frozen pepper stir fry vegetables, for simplicity) - about 1-2 cups. I cook this until the vegetables are cooked then pour a jar of fat free brown gravy over it and heat until bubbly.
I serve this with mashed potatoes and use the gravy on the potatoes and the meat.
I've found that this is one of those recipes that tastes even better the next day (in case you have any leftovers).

Ground up, you could use them in taco's, to replace the burger meat. Good Luck

I use this easy recipe for chicken breasts, but it would probably do well for the turkey breast patties as well. Pour italian salad dressing in a bowl and put bread crumbs in another. Dip the thawed turkey breast in the dressing, then in the bread crumbs. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake till done. When I do the chicken breasts, they are raw. I bake them at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. It may take less time if the breasts are already cooked.

Use strong flavors and seasonings - no other suggestions.
If you read the package label it probably says that natural flavors were added. I always figure this means MSG.

I use nothing but turkey burger in my red spaghetti sauces. It's cheaper (at least at my grocery store) and lower fat than ground beef, and when it's crumbled up and disguised in tomato sauce, veggies and italian seasonings, you really can't tell the difference!

I always use ground turkey to make tacos, and use 1 lb turkey and 1 lb beef to make meatloaf. I use turkey always when I make chili, too. Gr turkey is bland but in highly seasoned food you can't tell.

We don't care for the taste of plain ground turkey meat, so we purchase the "seasoned ground turkey sausage" to make our burgers with or use in burger meals. It's much better than the plain.