Wax Your Bathroom Tiles to Keep Them Clean

I have very hard water and have a lot of lime build up on my bathroom tiles. I scrub them all down vigorously with vinegar once a year and polish them with car wax. Water beads up and rolls off just like on your car. I use vinegar for so many things when I clean.

Source: My Mother

By Dodie from Erieville, NY

Do you use paste wax? Does it affect the grout? I have new white tile and grout and want to protect them from our hard water, but I am worried about discoloring the grout. Any suggestions?

II used Glare Polish for all my tile, Granite, travertine, stainless steel in my house and Wow this product is the Bomb!! Even the windows in my hours. I have to admit I called the folks at www.Glare.com and I am glad I did. My tile in my bathroom never to mildew ever again. Lasts about a year. Easy clean. I know I sound like a commercial, but believe me this beats it all, and great for Formica, and your all you vehicles as well. Oh, I forgot even Silver. Better than any silver polish I used and so much easier and a great smell.

The tiles inside your bath wall can be kept cleaned for about 6 months. Clean your tile and dry it with a big towel. Wax the tiles with Turtle Wax (liquid or paste). Let the wax dry and then buff it. It will shine and the water and anything else will slide off. You can also use this inside your toilet for skid marks. Good cleaning.

Source: I read this years ago on a bottle of wax.

By Mary from Houston, Texas

Answers:

Wax Your Bathroom Tiles To Keep Them Clean

But keep the wax off the floor of the tub and shower! Or you will slip. That's a promise! (05/01/2008)

By cookwie