Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Reuse Dishwashing Liquid Bottles For Bleach

Don't throw away those empty dishwashing liquid bottles. Wash them out and fill them with bleach. The plastic caps open easily and close securely.

Now you can keep a manageable amount of bleach on hand for cleaning in places like the kitchen, the bathrooms, back porch sink area, and anywhere else where you'd want to use it to disinfect. This is a lot easier than lugging a gallon jug of Clorox all over the house!

By cookie2 from Oakland, CA

Sometimes things are so obvious I don't know why we don't all think of them!

Not a good idea here! Never, ever, ever put a pesticide (Yes, bleach is a pesticide) into any other container that does not have the label on it!

All too easy to grab what you thought was dish soap and get the bleach instead, and then get bleach in/on whatever you intended to put soap on. Please don't do this!

Really? Cause there is such a thing as a BIG BLACK PERMANENT MARKER to Write 'B:EACH' With.... As If that Was Not Obvious... js

Of course you put a label on it in big bold letters with a permanent marker. I certainly always do. Although it seems fairly obvious to me, perhaps it wouldn't be to others. I should have mentioned it. Thanks for pointing it out!

I like this idea. I use small plastic bottles from juice or water to hold one load of liquid detergent.

That way I don't have to haul the heavy jug with me when I go out to our apartment's laundry room.