Making a Crocheted T-shirt Clutch Bag
This clutch bag is crocheted with strips of t-shirt material.
Approximate Time: one evening for the crochet, not allowing for cutting up the t-shirts
- UK 5.5 crochet hook (any large size hook will do)
- approximately 5 t-shirts (I used 10 to get the various colours, leftovers can be used for future projects.)
- large snap fastener or Velcro
- Cut clean t-shirts into strips of approximately 1/2" wide. I cut up the t-shirts along all the seams. Cut across the bottom, up the side, across the top, etc. rounding the corners until I've got a decent sized ball.
Note: I didn't connect the strips as such, just wove the ends in as I crocheted, or you could sew them in after.
- Cast on 25 chains.
- DC into each chain.
- Crochet approximately 32 rows in random colours.
- Fold up 3rd and dc each side together.
- Add a large popper in the middle.
- Fold down top 3rd and add other part of popper to match.
My bag measures 12" x 5". To make a larger bag add more cast on chains and crochet more rows.
By Sue from Bristol, UK
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.