CatsPets

Male Cat Drips a Bit of Urine

Category Cats

My cat just stands still and a drop comes out. It doesn't appear to smell. I took him to the vet and nothing is wrong with him. Can you help?

By ginny

Hi Ginny,

You didn't mention the cat's age, and you didn't say if he'd been neutered early in life (prior to being 6 months old).

Males cats' urinary tracts do not fully develope until they are about 8 months old, and neutering prior to that age can often cause problems.

It's possible your cat will eventually grow out of the problem, but it's also just as possible that he will not.

I can't understand the vet's not mentioning this to you instead of "not finding anything wrong".

Ask him or her again.

Wishing you and the cat the best of luck.
Pookarina

I doubt if this helps you much, but my male cat does the same thing. The Vet checked him out and he is fine.

He does meet PookaRinas' criteria for having been neutered early. He came from a shelter and was neutered when he was 12 weeks old.