Tessie LaNae (Jack Russell Mix)

This is Tessie LaNae. We believe she is a 3 or 4 year old Jack Russell mix. Maybe with Rat Terrier or Corgi? We found her at a KY Terrier Trial, Mothers Day weekend of '09. I took my other dog and there was a rescue there and I happened to look and was eye to eye with her. I knew right then she was mine! She loves to play with her sisters. Going to the dog park. Riding in the car with Daddy. Play with tennis balls. Cuddle with her skinboys (5, 14, 20). Play with her pull toy.

She was just meant to be here. The way I found her, saw her and got her just wasn't coincidence. I do know that she was in a shelter and was due to be put down within a couple days before the rescue got her. My other dog was having trouble with potty accidents in the house, dawdling outside and a couple other things. Tessie got here and it is like she has been here forever. She taught Gracie how to potty outside and just turned her around.

She is such a well trained dog and just a joy to have. We were concerned about having three dogs but boy, Tessie just 'fits' and just was a Blessing from God! I have also gotten such a wonderful friend too. The gal I got her from that helps the rescue is now one of my closest friends. Neat how it all works.

By Kim from Cincinnati, OH

What a heartwarming testimony of how God blesses us (and our family) when we're not even looking! Thanks for sharing your story. It made me smile out loud! (And how great that you got such a good girlfriend in this whole thing, too!)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Tessie is a very cute dog! You all are lucky to have her. I have a Jack Russell/Corgi mix, at least that's what we think she is? Her name is Dakota, she by far is the best dog I've ever had. I got her from the Washington DC animal shelter back in 2005! The best decision I've ever made. As I tell people, she rescued me rather then I rescued her! Love here big time!

Reply Like this photo? Yes