Jack Russell Terrier Mix Photos

Some of the best family pets are mixed breed dogs. This page contains Jack Russell terrier mix photos.

Was wondering if anyone else had a Jack Russell/Corgi mix dog like mine, I hear they call them CoJacks. Her name is Dakota, she's the best dog I've ever had. Look at her big dark brown eyes. I really do love this dog!

Alex from Alexandria, VA

Answers

Yep, my friends Rod and Nicole had an awesome corgi Jack Russell mix named Logan. Unfortunately he just passed away last week at age 13. He was the light of their lives, and mine as they let me take him on trips. Here's Logan!

He's got fu-man-chu whiskers, which cracked people up. He's the most affable and lovable dog.

- Kim
Portland, Oregon

Here's another picture of Logan.

Kim,

I"m really sorry to hear about Logan! He was a good looking dog! Looks like he traveled well too!

As for the Fu-Man-Chu... Dakota has one too! it doesn't show up well on her pick but it's there; people laugh and comment on it as well.

Their get dogs! so my condolences are sent to you and your family. Logan looks like he had a great life!

Alex and Dakota

This is Dexter at his first party. He loves people and was a huge hit. I like that I can take him anywhere.

Pirate is now 4 months old and weighs around 16 lbs. Any idea what he could be mixed with?

By Catherine

Answers

Your puppy is adorable. Guess what! I think I may have an answer for you. I think your puppy is the same mix as my dogs Rocco and Nola. Your dog looks much more like my Rocco -see photo - but with terrier hair.

Rocco and Nola are American Stafforshire Terriers and Jack Russells. When my vet told me this, I thought, "Great, a terrier mix." Well, kind of. American Stafforshire Terriers are one of three types of beautiful, loving dogs with a terrible bad rap; Pit Bulls.

Get ready to be licked constantly, met at the door like you've been gone for months, even if it's only been an hour or two, and take time to socialize your puppy. This is the most important and necessary thing you can do for your dog. ALL terriers are known for being over-protective of their owners and full of energy. I'm sure you're aware of this by now.

Your dog will need plenty of exercise and socialization. My dogs benefited from Dog Day Care tremendously as well as two park play dated daily with other neighborhood dogs. Be sure to buy Kong balls because any others will be quickly chewed up and could be swallowed.

You have your best, most loyal friend for life. Just be patient. These breeds take time to mature. My two are five and are finally calming down to the point that they actually listen to us now. But, in the long run, it's all about unconditional love. Nothing else matters

Hi
My name is Lester. I would like to adopt Priate. He is 4 months old. Where are you from ?

This post was 2014 so Pirate is no longer a puppy. You will have better luck finding a dog in your local area.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Toby is a 10 week old Jack Russell Terrier/Rat Terrier mix. We rescued him from the animal shelter. He was getting ready to go to puppy rescue that same day. He loves to play with and bother our 65lb Black Lab, "Missy".

Toby jack russell_terrier

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Chico is a 3 year old Jack Russell Terrier mix. We got him in September of this year from a local pet rescue. He likes to sniff out and kill critters. He just got a mole in our garage last week. He also likes to run. He'll run around the yard really fast about 50 times when it's a nice day outside. He's the cutest, smartest, funniest, strongest little dog in the world!

We think he's a magic dog too, because he looks like other animals at different times. When he curls up to sleep, he looks like a little deer. When he jumps, he looks like a monkey. When he's running with his nose to the ground, his backside looks like a pig. When he stretches, he looks like a cat and even makes a catlike noise, like meeeeewwwwwwowrrr. Maybe he's a shape shifter.

By Heidi

Comment Like this photo? 10

AnnaSophia Marie-Antoinette (Sophie) is 18 month old Jack Russell Terrier/Affenpinscher. I adopted Sophie from the Humane Society of Charlotte in July 2008. I had recently had to return a rescue dog to its first owner and I was heartbroken. My family went to the Humane Society the week after I returned Abbey while I was at work and found Sophie. They sent me a picture message on my cell phone and I fell in love with her instantly.

Sophie plays endlessly. She loves to play fetch, tug-of-war, or just run around for fun. She never gets tired. She also loves to take long walks around the neighborhood and playing with the children. She gets along great with my family's two Golden Retrievers who are both more than four times her size.

By Kristi from Charlotte, NC

Sophie (Jack Russell Terrier - Affenpinscher)

Comment Like this photo? 5

Scruffie is almost 4 years old and a Jack Russel mix. I got him from some friends that were divorcing and was gonna dump him at the pound. He likes to play chase with our cat Casper and bark at the squirrels. He sleeps with our cat Casper in a doggy bed.

By Randall

Black and tan dog.

Comment Like this photo? 9

Lucky Lou Trotter is about 10 years old. He is a Jack Russell and terrier mix. My son and his then wife adopted him from the shelter. When his wife left, they decided that Lucky should stay with Rick. Then I moved in and Lucky adopted me as his human pet!

Lucky is not really a dog, he thinks he is a cat. Cats will chase him! He never barks at strangers, he even covers up his poop with dirt, just like a cat! My cat really acts like the dog!

Lucky loves to go for walks, and to watch kids play. He is just a remarkable dog! I tried to send this in yesterday, but I could not get on! So, "Happy St. Patrick's Day" one day late!

By Jodi

Editor's Note: I'm so sorry we didn't get this cutie up closer to St. Patrick's Day. Most posts take about a week to be edited and set up for publication. I will put them up out of order if needed, but I missed Lucky.

Comment Like this photo? 12

I got Flenters when he was only four days old. Due to financial difficulties, a young couple had to sell all their dogs in front of our local supermarket. We could only buy Flenters, as we had other dogs at home. I had to hand-rear him with a doll bottle that I bought at a toy store. We have always been very close.

Flensers with 2016 headband

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

I got her from a rescue center two weeks ago. She likes to eat everything, shoes, couches, baby toys, and her own tail.

white dog with light brown around eyes and on ear

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Abby and Corona are both 7. Corona is a Jack Russel and Abby is a Rat Terrier and Springer. Both were looking for new Homes due to their owners not being able to keep them.

Corona and Abby (Jack Russel and Rat Terrier/Springer)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

This is Tessie LaNae. We believe she is a 3 or 4 year old Jack Russell mix. Maybe with Rat Terrier or Corgi? We found her at a KY Terrier Trial, Mothers Day weekend of '09.

Jack Russell mix dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Eleanor Rigby or, as she prefers, Ellie is a 9 month old Jack Russel and Mountain Feist. During the summer, my uncles dogs got friendly and the female had six pups. The smallest one was Ellie!

Dog wrapped with clothes.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Flenters is my 9 year old Jack Russell mix breed. I got Flenters when he was only 4 days old. His eyes were still closed and his ears still flat against his head.

Small black and white dog with a blue toy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Sam (Jack Russell/Poodle) Photo. Sam is a 3 year old Jack Russell/poodle. I rescued Sam from the Humane Society in Yakima, WA.

White dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Abby is a little over a year old and is half Jack Russell and half Chihuahua. I got her after I just got married and I needed a companion. My husband worked second shift and I worked first so I wanted her with me at nights.

Abby (Chihuahua/Jack Russell)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Samantha is a 7 year old Jack Russell/Rat Terrier mix. She was at the vet clinic where I work as a dog groomer. She had been attacked by a Lab and torn up pretty good. The other dog had almost punctured her lung. She had 18 stitches across her back.

Jack Russell and Rat Terrier mix.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Flenters is an 8 year old Jack Russell cross breed. I got my dog when he was only 4 days old. A young couple that had been unemployed for several months was selling all their dogs in front of our local supermarket.

Black, white and brown dog running on the lawn.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Xena is 12 years old. She is Jack Russell/Pit Mix? A neighbor of ours knew of some puppies that needed a home and he had wanted our daughter to have one since she has been asking for one.

Dog in wheelbarrow.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Quanah is an almost 5 year old Chihuahua and Jack Russell mix. My boy was given to me by a customer at the home improvement store that I worked at. I was walking down an aisle, and a lady had 2 puppies in her shopping cart.

Dog lying on grass.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Chloe is a Jack Russell and Lab mix. Delilah is a Beagle and Lab mix. Both are two. They were strays left on side of road that I picked up. Both were starving.

Chloe and Delilah (Jack Russell/Lab and Beagle/Lab)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Petey is a 1 1/2 yrs. old mix between a Jack Russell and a Pointer. Petey came from Petco. We got him when he was just 3 months old.

Whit and brown dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Audrey is probably a Jack Russell terrier mix. She is 4 years old. We adopted Audrey through a terrier rescue 2 years ago. She had been rescued from a high kill shelter.

Closeup of Audrey

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My cats name is Casper and my dogs name is Scruffie. Casper is 6 year old shorthair mix and Scruffie is 3 year old Jack Russel mix. We got Casper to catch mice in our house from a friend.

Scruffle (Jack Russel Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Milo is 2.5 years old. He is a Jack Russell/toy fox terrier mix. We adopted Milo at 12 weeks old.

Milo (Jack Russell/Toy Fox Terrier)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I got Oz at 8 weeks old from a neighbor.

A Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix outside.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Luke is a 1 year old Jack Russel/Rat Terrier. We got him last year when he was about 9 weeks old.

Luke (Jack Russel/Rat Terrier)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Abby is our three year old Jack Russell/Chihuhua. I got her from my mother. Abby is the oldest from her dog's first litter.

Abby (Jack Russell/Chihuahua)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

We received our puppy from a friend who knew of someone whose Deerhead was having a litter with a Jack Russell Terrier. We recently had lost our 14 year old son to cancer and needed a puppy to love. We love our Journey. There is nothing like pet therapy

small black dog with large ears

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Junior is 2 years old and is a Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix. I got Junior in January of 2007 from a friend who could not keep him because his wife had just had a baby.

Junior (Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My pet's name is GW and he is two years old. My mothers chihuahua bred with my best friend's male, which was a Jack Russell, and he was from the second litter.

GW (Jack Russell/Chihuahua)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My mum's dogs had some puppies and we just brought our house so we got him. He is our fur baby. He was 6 months old when we got him.

Grumbles with toy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Was wondering if anyone else had a Jack Russell/Corgi mix dog like mine, I hear they call them CoJacks! Her name is Dakota, she's the best dog I've ever had. Look at her big dark brown eyes! I really do love this dog!

Load More