Samantha (Jack Russell/Rat Terrier)

Samantha is a 7 year old Jack Russell/Rat Terrier mix. She was at the vet clinic where I work as a dog groomer. She had been attacked by a Lab and torn up pretty good. The other dog had almost punctured her lung. She had 18 stitches across her back. The owners didn't want the Lab to attack her again, so I took her home and love her so much.

Now she is going blind. We are inseparable. She can't see but still likes to hunt with Shinook our other Jack Russell and go to work with me at the grooming shop. She is such a love. It was meant for her to have us. She has a safe good home now. I would do anything for my Sam.

By Connie Rohrer P.

I remember a neighbor had a schnauzer that got attacked like that, in the same way with the same results, from when the Schnauzer would always tease the lab. After a while the lab grabbed it by the neck and shook it. It was nearly killed, but it survived. She could never let them play together again, when one was out the other was crated.

She had to keep them both since they were show dogs.

What a darling little Jack Russell. I think it is the cutest of all kinds of dogs, they have such a playful heart when they are young. I also have a darling dog who is blind almost and we are inseparable.

Love your darling Samantha, and hugs to you both!

Reply Like this photo? Yes