Take Store Cleaning Wipe to Sanitize Car

As I walk into the grocery store, I always grab the free sanitizing wipes for the shopping cart handle. On the way out of the store, I grab another to wipe down my car door handles, the steering wheel, gear shift, and my children's cars seats. It can't hurt!

By Quilt Till You Wilt from Vancouver, WA

Ah! So, that might explain why the container of wipes is often empty! I think maybe they are there for wiping down the carts only. Grabbing another one on the way out might seem like taking advantage of the store's good will in providing them in the first place. Blessings.

I second Ayegali Nanahi! It also adds to the cost of the store doing business which ends up being passed on to the rest of us who only use them for their intended purpose which is cart and in store sanitation purposes.

:-(

Yeah, wiping down the items you mentioned is a good idea but not a good idea to take advantage of the stores that provide them for the customers to use on their premises. Buy a container of wipes for your own use. I don't think it was such a good idea to recommend this as a frugal tip, sorry if I'm being harsh but I think this is how most folks would feel.

Anonymous

I have to agree with the others. I will be so bummed if the stores stop this wonderful service they are providing us with because others feel it is their right to take extra for their own use. Please don't do this.

Plain and simple, this is theft. The store provides these wipes for us to use to help us prevent illnesses and such. For someone to take them to do personal cleaning of their car is just not right and it is downright stealing!

No different than stealing penny candy. This may be a reason for one store in my area quit providing them. This is not a frugal tip, sorry, this is my opinion.

Most people spend a significant amount of time in their vehicles. If you are one those that basically live in your car and, especially those with kids, you know how dirty your car can get.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who does this everytime I go grocery shopping.

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorSeptember 27, 2010
💘
🍀