Store FinderConsumer Advice

Salvage Grocery Store Near Hampton Roads, VA

Does anyone know where or if there is a salvage grocery store in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (i.e. Williamsburg, Newport News, etc)?

Terry from Willamsburg, Virginia

I am not familiar with your area but just ran across these lists that are by STATE so perhaps you could check on these:

http://www.frug  read.php?t=97055

http://gnivas.c  -savings-havens/

http://www.ande  et.net/directory

There's sav-a-lot (I think that's how to spell it). I know there's one in Hampton and another in Norfolk. Also, there is a small section of foods in Ollie's, and also Big Lots.

Thanks for your help everyone and the links. I'll check into them, but I'm open to more ideas/suggestions!

Thanks,

Terry from Williamsburg, VA

Big Lots, and Sav A Lots are not salvage grocery stores. They do have some cheaper groceries at times or Big Lots buys bulk, sometimes discontinued types of groceries. I live in Newport News and honestly don't know if there is one on this side of the water. Don't know about one in Norfolk, Va Beach, etc.

Vicki

Have you found the salvage grocery store you are looking for? Your post is from 2009 so thought you might have located one. Please share if you have....we live in the Northern Neck and Newport News is a little over an hour from us and I would make that drive for a good salvage grocery...there is one located in Callao, VA (also in the Northern Neck)...it is called Buy Rite, and not a very good one, as most of their stuff is clothing and household items. Their entire food stock consists of Arizona tea, and they do have Virginia peanuts for $1.00 a package that they replenish weekly, and 16 oz bottles of water for .10, but that is it as far as food is concerned. They sell Essential Oils for .50 a bottle. The absolute best salvage store I have ever been to is an Old Amish one outside of Bolivar, MO where I bought 12 pack coffee pods for $1.90 a box, protein bars for $.20 each, Perrier for $.20, anti-perspirant for $1.00, large tubes of Crest for $1.25, and organic free range eggs for $2.00 a dozen, among other things too numerous to mention. So if anyone knows of any true salvage stores in the VA area, please post...