Starting a Bent N Dent Grocery Store

Category Business
Opening a salvage or bent n dent grocery store is a popular small business opportunity. This is a guide about starting a bent n dent grocery store.

I am very much considering opening a bent and dent grocery store in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I am looking for any information about were to get product and regulations please. Thank You

By Sara

Answers

Did you ever open one in Oshkosh?

There is a bent n dent store in Bonduel. It is Amish and I have done the advertising/marketing tools for it since 2009. The owners are Paul & Mary Ann Mast. She can take you through all the processes and procedures. You can see some of their info on my website: www.witowns.com

Were you successful with opening your bent and dent store?

I want to start a Bent and Dent store in Caledonia, Minnesota and need to find out how to get it started and who to buy my shipments from. Can you help with this information?

By clproudma07

Answers

Hi, here in Mn too. Contact Meadowland Market 10 W 6th St Morris, MN (320) 585-5050. They have a very successful store. In fact, were in an area small town to start with and had to move to the bigger town. This is a college town, many use it.
Grandma from Benson, 20 miles south.

You probable need to start with your state, county and city offices to find out all the regulations regarding this type of store. Be prepared to be shocked (some states are more strict than others)!

I have a discount bent and dent grocery store and am looking for groceries close to me in Missouri.

I would like information on how to start a bent and dent grocery store. Where I can get the groceries to stock the store?

By Tammy Upton from Rogersville, AL

Answers

I did a search and found a few sites that may help. If you actually get your store open you can list it with some of these sites like this one: http://www.mone  cery-store-list/

Here are the ones I found that I think you would be interested in right now:
http://theclose  -your-own-store/

http://www.hotf  ceries-Wholesale

http://www.alib  11_79_a_box.html

http://www.jdcl  ecials/food.html

http://hubpages  ons-Helping-Many

http://www.alib  ood-grocery.html

http://www.doll  e-can-foods.html

http://ebnexus.com/kKSHRE/

We are out of Alpharetta GA and can supply everything from Banana Boxes to Frozen product. We specialize in frozen entrees and meat product, but we partner with some really good banana box suppliers. We also have soaps, shampoos, and detergents out of our Greenville SC warehouse. We do not require full truck load purchases and specialize in the small store.

Hi. I am an owner of a salvage store in NY. It is called That Discount Place. You can see it on Facebook. My family also had 3 stores in Indiana.

I am currently also doing operations work helping people run and start businesses. If you would like to talk please email me at jane AT thatdiscountplace.com and we will arrange a time. Good luck.

How do I start a bent and dent grocery store?

I am interested in opening a bent and dent store in Greenville, Alabama. I have a prime location on main state highway with building and parking. I need some help with suppliers and regulations please.

By L. P.

Answers

Silly question from across the pond but what is a bent and dent store? Regards, Pam

We are located in Suwanee GA and could supply just above everything you need product wise. Email me at phardy AT salvagedsolutions.com and we can discuss what you need. We supply products to many salvaged stores in the Southeast.

I am opening a salvage grocery in Dubuque, IA and am looking for salvage grocery wholesalers. Are there any recommended ones in my area or that will ship to Iowa?

Jill from Dubuque, IA

Answers

http://search.y  lesalers+in+Iowa

Search for the above, lot of information there, good luck.

We are out of Indiana and can provide frozen and cooler product. We also do banana boxes.

Jill,
I can provide you with dry, refrigerated, and frozen product; in code, short code and out of code.

I would like to start a scratch and dent business. I live in an area where wages and jobs are low paying. There are no places near here to buy low cost groceries and or appliances. I would like info on starting this type of business.

By Barron

I am starting a Bent and Dent food store. Where can I get the food?

By Tom from Waterford, OH

I live in Missouri and need info on starting a store, suppliers, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

By Cathy S.

I'm considering adding salvaged foods to my store. I live in a depressed area near the border of Arizona and New Mexico, in a small town. Everything is extremely expensive here and real grocers are an hour away. Where can I find outlets to purchase salvage foods?

By Elaine

Answers

Even though you have an existing store, I believe you will still have to contact your state and county to learn about selling salvaged food.

After that, it would help you a lot to find a salvage store in a larger city and ask them for help. Most owners will be glad to help - if they know you will not be competing with them.

My family has this type of store and there is so much to learn that it would be impossible to try and help over a forum like this.

There may be help or a book on this subject - try Google.

I work with a wholesale food company. We could help you with this. please email me at tntdyno at rconnect dot com

I would like to open my own dent and bent store in Effingham Illinios. I want to know how I get started so I may get on this ASAP.

By Pamela from Effingham, IL

Answers

I can guide you on what you have to do to start a Bent & dent Store. I had 10 Bent & dent stores at one time before I got into strictly wholesale. I can supply you with salvage bent & dent food, Pet food, Health & Beauty Aids, Candy & so much more. You can go to my website www.sbkliquidators AT weebly.com & fill out a contact form or call at 724 -971- 7185. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

I am looking to start a bargain bent and dent type small grocery store in Greenville, South Carolina. Anybody have any ideas where I can get the merchandise for the store nearby?

By corey9602 from Greenville, SC

Answers

We supply many of the salvage stores in the southeast. Please email me at phardy AT salvagedsolutions.com and we can help you. We carry small quantity mixed lots that are perfect for opening up a small store.

Hi we run a salvage warehouse in Charlotte NC and supply a lot of start ups and regular salvage stores since 1985 call Doug 704-277-8007

I am looking for information about opening one in Florida.

What is the total cost for all products to open a bent and dent store?

Are there any suppliers for discount or Bent N Dent groceries in the Utah/Idaho area?

I am starting my own dented canned food store. Where do I get my stock?

By Jimmy

Looking to open a salvage grocery store in New Hampshire, and would like to know if anyone has any info on reputable suppiers in the New England area. Thank you!

By Chris

I was in a bent and dent years ago, now again, how can I have one?

By Jane W

Answers

People shouldn't be using dented and bent canned food.

I assume you wish to know how to open a store? If you will Google; how to open a bent & dent store? You will see lots of sites and some may help you. There is a lot to know about opening a store like this.

A lot of the sites are selling eBooks on this subject but I do not know anything about these books. There is probably a "Dummies" book on this? Takes lots of research and several weeks/months of filing government forms, finding resources, etc.

I am interested in starting a bent and dent store in south eastern Minnesota and was wondering if anyone had some information or contacts to purchase merchandise to start up my store. Any information or contacts would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

By Lacy May

Answers

Hello and good luck with your idea as I believe the Bent'n Dent stores are great. I live in Florida and I know the laws are very stringent on what and also how you can open a store like this. You may have already gone through your local zoning board but if not, that is a good place to start.

As to finding products to sell - you will have to do your own research in your local or surrounding areas as anyone in this business will not usually share their "contacts".

After you have all of your permits you can visit any local store and ask your questions. Stores usually have "sales" every week and some stores use the highest "bidder" but most stores have contracts for certain periods of time and you have to bid on these.

There is lot to learn in this area but it can be done. You may be able to find a helpful person at one of your local Bent and Dent stores.

I am planning to open a dent and bent grocery store. I have a great location, but I need to find out where and how to get product.

By Mark R

Answers

Where would you be planning on opening this new store?

Does anyone know where I can find wholesale/salvage food vendors that sell by the box or pallet?
Thanks!

By Diane W. from Fountain Inn, SC

Answers

I live in Anderson, SC, go to church in Greenville,. SC. This week a lady told me about a place on Wade Hampton Blvd, in Greenville, called Save Mor or Save More - have a box sale every 2nd Saturday, $8 a box. She says the food goes quickly. Don't know what time they open, but might be worth it to check out this store.

What does it take to open a scratch and dent can store and how big do you need your spot to be in size?

I am looking to open a Bent N Dent in Wisconsin and would like to know areas where they already are. I am trying to find the best spot.

By Laurie S

Does anyone know who a supplier for the Kentucky area is?

By Latisha

Answers

I live in Florida but here there is no "one" supplier. Do you mean that you are looking to open a store? If so there is a lot to learn (and DO) before finding a supplier.

Suppliers here are any store that "sells" their damaged items and usually you have to bid against several potential "buyers".

Load More