Finding Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

Category Store Finder
You may be able to save quite a bit of money by purchasing your next appliance at a scratch and dent store. Check online to find one locally. Department and big box stores also sometimes have floor models and returned appliances being sold at a discount. This is a guide about finding scratch and dent appliance stores.

I am looking for scratch and dent appliances in my area. Any suggestions?

By Retiredbetty from York, PA

Best Answer

I'm not sure if they still do it, but you used to be able to get used/returned appliances at Sears back in the mid-90s. The refrigerator I got was scratched, but about half the "new" price and in great working order.

Best Answer

Two years ago I was looking for a new dishwasher. I wanted a good middle of the road price and brand but didn't have a budget for what I really wanted. My first stop was the Scratch and Dent Appliance store. I found that the warranties were the same as the other stores. The prices were just not any cheaper than the appliances on sale at the regular stores. Sometimes you can haggle at these places and that makes the price go down better. There were some brands I had never heard of and these were usually the low end brand. I don't recommend buying a low end brand in a large appliance. Just like electronics you get what you pay for. I think that you would be better off to get something scratched or dented at your major retailers. They mark them way down and those are usually the first the go.It is cheaper for them sell it than to ship it out or back.

The floor models are always a good deal. I ended up getting a floor model at Best Buy. It was an upscale Frigidaire. I could never have gotten it at regular price. It was out of my budget. It was a very good deal and saved me at least S200.00. It didn't come in a box, same store warranty. Saved on delivery, had friend pick it up. Just make sure all the attachments or whatever is suppose to come with it is there. If not, insist that they throw that in or usually they have parts in the back. I installed it myself, not very hard just hoses and had to go to Home Depot for an adapter. I loved it right away. It worked ten times better than the old one. Only thing I had no choice in color, it is white. That is the only drawback. Just shop around and go to all the stores. This dishwasher was not at the other Best Buys, only at that store. Yes, I have bought store models before. I think it was a washer/dryer combo.

I am looking for a Scratch and Dent appliance store in Las Vegas, Nevada.

By Natalie

I just moved to Greensboro, NC and I have heard a lot about scratch and dent stores for appliances such as washer and dryers and TVs, etc. What are some stores that have scratch and dent appliances?

By david from Greensboro, NC

Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

I know Sears has scratch and dent stores, but not sure where they are. I would think most big stores have a similar store. Look online and/or call the service departments. Also, ask local dealers what they do with their damaged products. (08/20/2009)

By Susan Mickelson

Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

I don't know if the company is in NC, but here in Florida, we have a company named Appliance Direct. They usually move into a store which has closed and/or sometimes they have their own free-standing building. I purchased my LG, front load, washer and dryer for less than half of retail. I didn't really care that there was a scratch on the detergent drawer as they are in a separate laundry room. Some imperfections are on the front, some on the sides, it just depends upon how picky you are. To save $$$ I don't really care as long as they work properly. (08/22/2009)

By Marilyn J Ference

Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

Grab the yellow pages and look for appliance stores. Many will be there. I also know that Lowe's, Home Depot, and Sears often have these. Some have gone out to homes only to be rejected for a small cosmetic flaw. I had a frig that had a small dent on the side which in our home was not visible due to the placement of frig. It is amazing how much you can save. So call around or call appliance repairmen and ask they know where deals are, too. (08/30/2009)

By Annie Rios Hill