Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

I just moved to Greensboro, NC and I have heard a lot about scratch and dent stores for appliances such as washer and dryers and TVs, etc. What are some stores that have scratch and dent appliances?

By ccri2369 from Greensboro, NC

Answers:

Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

I know Sears has scratch and dent stores, but not sure where they are. I would think most big stores have a similar store. Look online and/or call the service departments. Also ask local dealers what they do with their damaged products. (08/20/2009)

By suem1009

Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

I don't know if the company is in NC, but here in Florida we have a company named Appliance Direct. They usually move into a store which has closed and/or sometimes they have their own free standing building. I purchased my LG, front load, washer and dryer for less than half of retail. I didn't really care that there was a scratch on the detergent drawer as they are in a separate laundry room. Some imperfections are on the front, some on the sides, it just depends upon how picky you are. To save $$$ I don't really care as long as they work properly. (08/22/2009)

By xstchr92

Scratch and Dent Appliance Stores

Grab the yellow pages and look for appliance stores. Many will be there. I also know that Lowe's,
Home Depot, and Sears often have these. Some have gone out to homes only to be rejected for a small cosmetic flaw. I had a frig that had a small dent on side which in our home was not visible due to the placement of frig. It is amazing how much you can save. So call around or call appliance repairmen and ask they know where deals are, too. (08/30/2009)

By meoowmom