Knowing When the Washing Machine is Done

If your washing machine does not have an alarm that sounds when it is finished, set the kitchen timer after starting the wash load to remind yourself it is done. How many times have we found a load of wet clothes in our washing machine that has set there all day? The dryer usually beeps, but not the washer. Once you get in the practice, it is very very helpful!

By Diana

This is probably a good idea; however I do not know how long a wash cycle lasts and they last different times depending on the size of load and/or settings chosen.

By Cheryl from Missouri (Guest Post)

Another idea would be to use a baby monitor yo hear when the washer or dryer has stopped. This works especially well for cycles that take different lengths of time to finish.

By k w (Guest Post)

It takes my washer 30 minutes to get done ,I also set my timer for both,washer & dryer,good luck.