Crafts Using Vintage Glass Bottles

I have been digging up old vintage glass bottles from old trash dumps. These bottles are different shapes and sizes. The bottles vary in color, lime green, dark olive green, dark amber, blue, and clear. Some bottles have very thick glass and have a variety of openings. The bottles range in age from 20 years to 60 years old. I have dug them up and brought them home.

Some of them I have cleaned up and have on display in my house. The ones that I have in my house are small ink bottles or small perfume bottles. I would like to decorate the brown flask liquor bottles, brown glass Clorox bottles, cobalt blue bottles, the wine bottles, and a variety of other glass bottles and jars that I found unique enough to bring home. If I had some craft ideas, I think I could get busy making some money from my hobby.

By Wanda

My husband says you should do some research online and in library books because some of those bottles could be worth a serious lot of money. We have one old bottle (about 60 yo) that is worth over £1000-that's $1565 at current exchange rates. In the UK the apothecary bottles are the valuable ones, I expect it to be the same in the US.

Crafts Recycled CraftsMarch 11, 2012
📓
🎂
🌻