Good Uses for Old Phone Books

After getting so many phone books delivered to my home that I don't really need, I started to put the pages to some use. Here are some of the ways I use them:

• Wiping down a litter box after it's been washed.
  • Sopping up wet spills from the floor (my pets like to spill their water bowl).
  • Wiping down windows with cleaner.
  • Advertisement

• Picking up anything that I don't want my hands to touch (including dead insects)!

I just rip out the pages and use them in the same way I'd be ripping off paper towels, only it's saving money on having to replace paper towels as often. I even keep a small version of the phone book in the car to wipe down hazy windows and for checking the oil. The book stays compact and you can hide it wherever it's convenient for you.

By Diane from Rochester, NY

Love the ideas. Where I live, we get a bunch of phone books, most of them small, but still a nuisance. I like the idea of using them for something.

I use them to layer with Mod Podge as page fillers in upcycled journals. This dries thick & allows even sewing embellishments on the pages. I have several stacked in my craft closet now.

Better Living Green Living RecyclingMarch 27, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf17043167.tip.html