VegetablesRecipes

Lime Kale Chips

Quick and easy kale chips. A healthy alternative to potato chips.

• 1 bunch kale (washed)
  • 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (alternatively, you may use sherry or balsamic vinegar)
  • Ad

• 1/2 tsp. sea salt

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut or tear kale into 1 inch pieces. Place kale in a medium-large bowl. Toss kale in oil, lime juice (or vinegar), and salt.

Place kale on baking sheet lined with wax paper. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes until kale is crispy.

Servings: 5
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
5-7 Minutes Cooking Time

By Mockey from Cortez, CO

Top Comment

This sounds good, wish I would have planted some kale this year. I agree with the other posters about putting it on parchment paper or directly on the pan.

I would think that the wax paper could catch fire also.

Not being a cook, I have just one question. Why the use of waxed paper on something that is going in the oven? Won't the wax sort of 'melt off' and get on the chips? Why not just put them directly on the pan?

I've made kale chips before but will have to try it with the lime. I agree with the other poster who questioned the wax paper. That is not for the oven. Parchment paper will work great.
Thanks for the recipe:)

I made these over the weekend when I had company. They were a bit hit! so, thank you for posting. I wondered about the waxed paper too but used it on one pan and parchment on the other.

Waxed paper worked fine but parchment paper did too. I would prefer to stick with the parchment.