Dealing With Oily Skin

I have oily skin and I don't like it. Please tell me how to protect my skin from oil.

By Gaurav sharma from India

Anonymous

If you scroll down below the comments here you will find lots of archived comments that should be helpful for you. :-)

Unfortunately, you cannot protect your skin from oil--your skin makes oil to protect itself from the environment. Some have more active oil producing glands then others. On the bright side, you will end up with fewer wrinkles when you get older!

You need to be mindful of what you eat. Good skin starts from the inside out. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables and steer clear of strong sauces, garlic, curries, etc because these can come out in your skin. Get regular exercise and wash your face every couple of days with a paste of bicarb soda and water.

It will act like a mild scrub and clear out your pores. On alternate days, use a mild cream cleanser. Cetaphil, or sorbolene creame are good. Remember to also drink lots of water to flush out your system from toxins.

Anonymous

Spanish Girl, you gave some really great advice about fruits and vegetables, exercise and facial cleansing but I have to tell you that you made me giggle about steering clear of garlic and curries because those are fairly standard for Indian dishes ;-)