LaundryCleaning

White Trim On Hockey Jersey Turned Pink

I am in charge of washing my son's hockey team's jerseys. Last night was the first time I had to wash them. The jerseys are red with white trim and I washed them in cold inside out, but of course (my luck!) the white trim is tinted pink now. Any suggestions?

Kristy Stoll from Detroit, MI

I had something similar happen with one of my husband's favorite shirts. I soaked it in Oxyclean for a few hours.. and the part that had been turned pink was white again!

A friend owns a dry cleaning business. Her solution is soak them in Biz and Wisk in cold water. When they are clean, wash them in Wisk with a box of salt in the water to set the color. Use ONLY cold water. It's worked on school uniforms.
Good Luck!