BirthdayParties

Pool Party Ideas

Tips for throwing a pool party. Post your ideas.

Well Luau's are always a great theme party to have. Everyone can come dressed in appropriate attire which will be easy because of the pool. Tiki torches and paper lanterns for lighting. Pigs in a blanket for the kids, and buffett style dinner for the adults. Limbo, Hula contest, cd playing hawaiian music and you've got yourself a bash. We did this for my son's 6th bday and the parents kept partying after the kid's party was over. Don't foget the leis!

My daughter-in-law recently went to a party for this age group and was SO impressed with this idea:Purchase 3 or 4 small plastic pools and fill a couple with a small amount of water and the others with sand. Add a few pails and shovels and you've got a party! The little ones loved it AND it was inexpensive.

What a lovely idea, but PLEASE, I know you are a responsible hostess but Alcohol and Kids and Pools DONT MIX. How about getting a baby sitter to watch the littlies in a special paddle pool and entertain them all in one area. Have a great party.

Use a child's inflatable pool to hold ice and soda or beer.

You might want to go to the $1 store and pick up some swim goggles. Kids love being able to see underwater. You could also get some small rubber toys for the kids to "dive" for.

Hire an onsite sitter, then you won't have to worry about your kids either

Please also be aware that lil ones can drown in the very shallow water of a wading pool, or pool or bucket being used as a cooler. Also when many adults are together they usually assume someone is watching the kids, quite often with tragic results, this is not the case. Surrounded by loving adults many children are injured or worse due to a lack of communication. I really like the kiddie pool/sandbox idea as long as there are enough full time "life guards" for the # of kids. Have a safe & enjoyable party!

My husband Shawn turns 30 this July and I am planning a surprise pool party for him at my moms. I am inviting some of his old friends and also his friends at work. There will be alot of 2 and 3 years olds there because all of us have kids. Could you guys please send me some ideas my way. Thank you,

Angie from Virginia!