Hair CareHair Tips

Getting Bouncy, Shiny Hair

Does anybody know of anything that will make my hair bouncy, shiny, and lustrous without making it too dry, too greasy, or too frizzy?

Aliesha

Honey. Just google the uses for honey for hair and you will be amazed. I add a few drops of lemon juice to mine to bring out my natural highlights.

If you use cold (as cold as you can stand it) water for the last rinse, your hair will shine more. I've been doing this for years. Hope this works to your satisfaction and God bless you.

I wouldn't have believed it had I not tried it. My hair is past my waist and I do NOT want anything to make it greasy. But I did need something to smooth the fly-aways and the split ends and add shine. Get "Generic Smoothing Serum" from Sally Beauty Supply. It says on the bottle that it compares to Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, but I'm sure that brand is very expensive.

Just put a dime size (quarter for me) in your hand and rub it. Then put on the ends and all the way up the strands, but not on the roots. Shiny, beautiful, full hair. Can even use it between washes to tame. But my hair is straight as a board. It would be great on frizzy hair, too.

Oh, don't we all want that! For me the best has been Frizz-Eaze Secret Weapon, and the main ingredient in that was avocado oil. It is meant for dry hair and only a smidge is best. That means also that it lasts a long time. It's in the grocery store.

I suggest a good, healthy diet for healthy looking hair. Lots of sleep too. In addition, I agree with the person who recommends using cold water for the final rinse. I was told when you think you're finished rinsing, rinse an extra time using cold water. It makes the cells of the hair lay closer to the shaft. Sorry I cant think of the term used.

Can I suggest using Mixed Chicks Hair Silk (shine serum). It is great.

The site is www.mixedchicks.net/hairsilk