ReusingGreen Living

Save Incomplete Kitchen Sets For Other Purposes

If you lose or break one of your measuring cups or spoons, the odd cups or spoons work great in sugar and flour canisters. I keep a 1/4 cup in with my rice in a jar sure saves time not having to get another out of the cupboard. Keep one by the washer for laundry soap and measuring bleach. Remember to cut down on the amount that the manufacturer says to use. Think Green.

What little girl wouldn't have fun with her own measuring cups as a toy and she isn't going to care if they are all there or in the sandbox, hang by the hole with a string on the outside faucet for a quick drink. Keep in the shop or garage to sort nuts and bolts into.

Same thing with salt and pepper shakers, if you break one keep the other and put a mix of salt and pepper or other special mix in it. This works great for things that I use both on, when frying foods, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, etc. I have one that has a spicy combination in it for meats, well you get the idea.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE