Make Your Own Colored Bottles

Have you ever priced any of those colored bottles that are popular? Why pay those prices? Make your own! My grandmother used to make her own. She'd collect bottles of all shapes and sizes: coffee jars, syrup bottles, ice cream topping jars, perfume bottles, etc. The fancier, the better. She'd not only spray paint them, but also put on a glaze so the paint had texture and swirls.

With some of the bottles that were close in size, she'd stand them on top of each other, gluing them together as she went, making towers. Ending with a fancy shaped bottle on top. Then they were put in a safe spot to let the glue dry. Then she would spray paint the jar towers and let them dry overnight. These jar towers were really decorative in her windows with the sunshine beaming through. Really nice looking!

By Terri

By Reetha (Guest Post)

WOW! what a lovely idea! I cant wait to make my own "Multicoloured Bottle Tower".Now I can put my collection of perfume bottles to good use.

By maya (Guest Post)

My mother used to make lamps from empty gallon jars. She would cut a hole near the bottom,for the eletric cord and then swirl paint inside.

When it dried, it looked like a shiny professionally made lamp. She glued felt on the botton so as not to scratch the table.

By CS7 (Guest Post)

My way of making colored bottles is to add food coloring to water and fill the bottles. It's fun to experiment with colors and you can change them anytime!

Crafts Glass ArtJune 28, 2005
🌻
📓
🎂