AdviceCrafts

Protecting Painted Fabric

I recently decorated a white feather comforter with my grandchildren by letting them stamp their hand and foot prints all over it with paint. The problem now is that I used your basic water based paint, not fabric paint. What can I treat it or coat it with to protect the paint? Would "Stain Guard" work? I love the comforter, however I want to be able to use it without worrying about getting it dirty?

Thanks!
Debi from Vancouver, WA

By Stacey Liddle (Guest Post)

Check in your craft aisle of your local Walmart store or other similar type of store. I know there is a spray you can buy to protect this. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it Good Luck

Does anyone know of a spray or brush on additive that one can apply to fabric painted items to help protect the paint longer? I am looking for something for items that will not see the washing machine often, such as painted totes. Thanks!

By Mary

Answers

I don't know of anything specific, but Aleene's and Beacon both have lots and lots of glues and fixatives. Look at their websites online.