Craft Table Organizer

I do my knitting, crocheting, beading, etc. while watching TV. I usually had to get up many times to find tools or supplies. I brought in a weather beaten plastic table from the yard after I spray painted it burgundy. Then a friend came to lunch and brought me some fabric she didn't want. I knew immediately what to do with it.

I made this organizer in a couple of hours using her fabric, my spray painted table and odds and ends of bias tape I had accumulated. Just measure the top and add an inch. Then measure the sides, cut your fabric (I tore mine), add pockets to the sides, sew the sides to the top and store your crafting tools. I love mine.

Source: My very own idea

By Gailya Illsley from Lillington, NC

Right after I submitted this to Thrifty Fun I added a piece of Plexiglas on top to keep it clean.

What a great project! You are so clever. Ok, now ... so if I make a handy dandy table like this, I'll get all those just about finished projects that I have lovingly started over many months ago, done?

God Bless You and Merry Christmas from Los Angeles TX

If this isn't a winner I don't know what is, then topping it off with plexiglass. I know what my next project is. Thanks for such a crafty idea.

I don't have a craft table but I'll use this in another way. My computer and home office is set up in my bedroom. My computer is on a long table I purchased from Sams. I've been intending to attach a skirt to the table to hide all the wires. After seeing this neat idea I'll make pockets on the skirt to store supplies. Thanks Gailya for such a good idea.

This was submitted in 09' but for some reason I missed it. Very cool idea and thanks for sharing!!