Creative Jam Ideas

With all the abundance of fruit this time of the year, thousands of combinations of jams/jellies are possible. For example today I did not have enough crab apple juice to make the jelly I wanted, so I took blackberries, squeezed them with my hands to get the juice, but not crack the seed (that would make the juice unusable) and combined the two to get the proper amount required. The jelly turned out wonderfully. Use your imagination. It is surprising what wonderful, personally developed jam/jelly you will come up with. Good luck and happy eating.

By Elayne from Dalhousie, Nova Scotia

Your jam sounds really good, and I bet it's pretty too. You said that cracking the blackberry seeds would make the juice unusable. I am wondering why this is so. I know the seeds are edible. Does crushing them make the juice bitter or cloudy?

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyOctober 7, 2011
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf18390427.tip.html