Cooking Cabbage

When cooking cabbage, place a small tin cup or can half full of vinegar on the stove near the cabbage. It will absorb the order.

By Peggy

I haven't tried this with cabbage but it will probably work. When cooking brussels sprouts I add a celery leaf to the pot. It cuts down the odor and takes the bitterness out of the sprouts.

It's amazing what that one little celery leaf can do! And you don't have to buy celery, just pinch off a leaf and toss it in the bag with your sprouts.

I have found a way to reduce the amount of cabbage smell that emanates in a kitchen when it's cooking! Want to know the secret? Freeze it! Cut up your freshly bought cabbage, wash it, pat it dry with kitchen paper and portion it into ziploc bags -press out the air and seal. Then pop in your freezer.

When you come to cook it; it takes about 1-2 minutes in a pan of boiling water OR alternatively stir-fry it in a little olive oil which I like to do. Delicious and saves on the cooking time.

And, quite by accident, I found there's no lingering cabbage smell in the kitchen so now I get to eat cabbage more often in my diet and we all know it's very good for you!

Source: I found this out myself!

By Monique from Somerset, UK

Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesOctober 18, 2004
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf184520.tip.html