Making a "Hugger" (fitted on one end) Comforter

Does anyone know how to make a "hugger" comforter from an existing comforter? My granddaughter has recently been given bunk beds and I think it would be easier for her to make the beds if she had hugger comforters (fitted on one end). They are very expensive to buy, but it seems to be that a regular comforter could be cut down and then made to fit on one end. I just can't seem to picture how to do it...

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Martha from VT

By Lucille Gifford (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have never done this but perhaps you could try this suggestion. Place the quilt on the bed and tuck in the bottom section as you would a sheet. At the corners fold up the edges to the top of the mattress and lay the top of the quilt over the fold. Pin in place and sew by machine.

By Tania (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Put the quilt on the bed upside down. Using large safety pins creat a "basted" seam along the bottom corner. Stitch and trim.

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

One suggestion - use a regular comforter and buy straps to hold it on the mattress. Bed Bath and Beyond is just one store that offers these - click on link:

http://www.bedb … 20599&RN=404

By Mike (Guest Post)

We have a sewing room that will convert comforters to huggers. Contact www.kidscomfortz.com

Do you have Microsoft Excel? If so, I can send you step-by-step instructions with diagrams showing how to make the corners. I cannot convert the file to gif or jpeg and couldn't figure out how to do it in Microsoft Word.

Anonymous

I would love a copy of this if you are willing to share.

I would love the instructions as well!

I would also like these instructions
Thanks

I would love these as well! Thanks ;)

I am also trying to find a way to secure the coverlets on 2 sets of bunk beds, using purchased items and converting to cap ends. I would love to have the set of instructions you mentioned. Thank you so much.

Do you still have the instructions to share? Your post was quite some time ago, but clearly several people, myself included, have run across it looking for help on the same problem.

Please send me the instructions for a bed "hugger." My grandchildren toss and turn so much I need to make their comforters stay on their beds?

I have been tirelessly searching the web for the same type of conversion instructions BEFORE cutting into a $230 bedspread. I'm pretty confident, but want to be absolutely sure of what I'm doing first. If love those instructions of you still have them! What a great help!